I just got word that the Second Life Library is planning a display of replicas of the World Trade Center and a space for people to share their memories and emotions on September 11 at 9pm EST. Sounds like a really great idea.
I’ve also heard rumors of another group planning a Second Life re-enactment of the attack, which as a New Yorker living three blocks from the WTC site I find totally appalling and disgusting. I pray they are just rumors.
- Shikima Riel announces the opening of a September 11 Memorial, which will be open all day
- Light a candle at Darkwood Cathedral or in Burning Life
- There’s a discussion on the "clash of civilizations" called "Why Do They Hate Us" on Sept 11, 10pm EST
- The depression support group has a meeting if you are feeling blue on that day (and who isn’t?). Sept 11, 11pm EST
- There’s a discussion group on "Coping with Grief and Loss" at 12:30pm EST organized by a psychologist
Oh, and someone might want to change the name of their event on Sept 11. Just sayin’.