I’m brining a turkey breast and getting ready to spend Thanksgiving with my mom and sister. I’m hosting the family Thanksgiving dinner for the time, which is very exciting. As I try and get everything set, I’m thinking of all the blessings I have:
- My Friends and Family: I feel so blessed to have so many supportive and loving family members and friends, especially during the past three months multiple life transitions. I don’t know how I would have gotten through without them.
- Dancing: This year, I feel more confident, joyful and centered as a lindy hop and hip hop dancer than ever before. So many amazing memories from this year: going to the Herrang Dance Camp for the first time, dancing on-stage at the Apollo Theater with Sharon Jones, lindy hopping to Big Bad Voodoo Daddy at the Waldorf, my breakdance performance last weekend with my buds at PMT.
- My Job: Working at the amazing Electric Sheep Company alongside one of my dearest friends Frankyboy is just too awesome. I love going to work!
- Brooklyn: Changing locales to Fort Greene after living for more than 10 years in Manhattan has really opened my eyes to how much cooler and diverse New York City writ large truly is. From the funky French bistro down the block to the local green market to Brooklyn Academy of Music and dozens of train lines just a few minutes away — Fort Greene is the shit!
- Life’s Finer Things: good books, disco fries, a cat in the lap, a perfect macchiato, funky fresh beats, laughing till it hurts, bahn mi sandwiches…
Happy Thanksgiving, ya’lls!