For the past month, I've been looking for a new apartment in Brooklyn as the end of my lease fast approaches. I think I have fairly realistic expectations:
- A medium to large one bedroom apartment
- In a safe, accessible neighborhood in central Brooklyn (Fort Greene, Park Slope, Cobble Hill, Prospect Heights, etc.)
- Basic services like grocery, laundry and public transportation nearby
- Ideally bike-able to Manhattan
- A full kitchen with full-sized fridge, range, oven, and pantry
- Up to $1,500 a month
That said, so far I've found lots of great apartments in not-so-great locations and crappy apartments in great locations. As my October 1 deadline approaches, something has to give. But I'm convinced that the perfect balance of location, amenities and price exists.