I plan on again rocking the Halloween Parade as a zombie with the
gigantic Thriller group. But afterwards I'm going to want to get some
more dancing on.
This Halloween there is a huge assortment of swing dancing parties going on all over the city. Which is awesome! Here's a quick rundown of what I know about going on this weekend:
- Friday, October 30: The Halloween Eve Masquerade with Michael Arenella & His Dreamland Orchestra at The Green Building, 450 Union Street, Brooklyn. See http://DreamlandOrchestra.com for details.
- Friday, October 30: “Try Matty’s” Dance Show and Social Dance created and produced by Joe Palmer and Catherine Schmetter at Dance Manhattan, 39 West 19th Street, NYC.
- Saturday, October 31: Halloween Swing Bash at Grand Harmony Palace featuring George Gee and the Blue Saracens, 98 Mott Street, NYC. See http://www.MySpace.com/GrandHarmonySwings for details.
- Saturday, October 31:Halloween Swing n' Salsa at You Should Be Dancing, 412 Eighth Avenue, NYC. See www.YouShouldBeDancing.NET for details.
- Saturday, October 31: Monster Mash Holiday Bash with Ms. Champian Fulton, swing, soul and blues music at Manhattan Ballroom, 29 West 36th Street, NYC. See JookJointShimmyBlues.com for details
- Saturday October 31: Shanghai Mermaid Halloween Party, Brooklyn. (Sorry, that's all I got.)
- Saturday, October 31: The Black Cat Masquerade with Gelber & Manning at Flute Bar, 205 W. 54th St. Sponsored by Wit's End and the Dorothy Parker Society. See http://www.clubwitsend.com for details.
- Saturday, October 31: Dig Deeper Soul Party with the Green Berets, at Southpaw, 125 Fifth Avenue, Brooklyn. Ok, this isn't swing music, but its going to be kickass soul dance party! See http://www.myspace.com/digdeepernyc .
There's probably a bunch I'm missing. Reply in the comments if you want to add others you know about!