This week's challenge on America's Best Dance Crew was to assign each crew a Lady Gaga video and have them create a routine inspired by it. It was a smart move given how hot Lady Gaga is right now and how much dance plays a part in her videos and concerts. Here's my notes on the performances:
- Static Noyze: As the "theatrical hip-hop" team, they had a leg up. So very impressive and stylish as expected. And nice seeing their team's drag queen "Baby Gaga" lead the routine with some nice vogueing moves.
- Blueprint Cru: Great theatrics and costumes. Imaginative and edgy, really embodied the Gaga aesthetic. My favorite performance of the night.
- Jungle Boogie: Very sexy and hard. Did the male dancers just shoot confetti out of tubes from between their legs? Yes, they did.
- Heavy Impact: Athletic but kind of sloppy.
- Hype 5-0: Also sloppy and pretty easy choreo. These Hawaiians need to go home.
- Poreotix: I was kind of bored by this routine, as much as I like these guys.
- Saltare: I'm so not into this crew, but they did a very entertaining and impressive routine this week. Two guys doing a double-tuck while jump-roping? Sick.
My favorites of the night: Blueprint Cru, Static Noyze and Saltare.