Too many awesome things about Singapore to write about. And too jet-lagged to think straight anyway. But some of the best stuff:
- Kept doing double-takes at the astounding architecture everywhere, from ancient Buddhist temples to ultra-futuristic complexes that looked straight out of Second Life.
- Wandered through floors and floors of bargain computer gear at the Sim Lim Square shopping mall.
- Had a great lunch at Tekka House in Little India, including dirt cheap and delicious chicken biryani and a “chendol” shake, whatever that is.
- Met up with super friendly local lindy hoppers who took me to dinner, showed me around the Orchard Street nabe, and danced with me at their TAB Monday night dance. You rock, Janice, Sing, Mars and Jessica!
- Ate an amazing dinner at a hole-in-the-wall Thai place in an undisclosed location, featuring four floor of “dancing clubs” and lots of women wearing clingy clothing.
- Saw a really fun tap show in honor of International Tap Day at TAB jazz club that evening, culminating in a sweet tap and swing “Shim Sham”.
Oh, and I got a solid few hours of work in today as well. So surprisingly efficient and fun first day in S’pore. Can’t wait for Day Two!
[Singapore Day one pics here.]