Things to be thankful for:
- My Beautiful Girlfriend: So supportive of all my nerdy pursuits and so good at making me happy.
- My Health. I realized this summer that I needed to get over my aversion to gyms and force myself to go at least a couple of times a week. Surprisingly, I don’t hate it as much as I thought I would. It feels good to be more in tune with my own body.
- Dancing. At least 2-3 times a week. I’m rarely happier than dancing with friends to music that I love.
- Second Life. It’s been not a replacement but a wonderful addition to my "real" life. SL has helped me embrace my inner geek more while also exposing me to what I see as the next generation of ICT-empowered civil society.
- My Job: That I get paid to work on progressive media/telecom policy and media activism is such a blessing. I’ve learned so much in my nine months at the SSRC and the work has hardly begun.
- Living in the City: There’s nothing like living in Manhattan — from Wall Street to Central Park to Chinatown to Harlem — I love it all.
There’s so much more to give thanks for. But that’s what’s on my mind right now. Feeling very blessed.
2 thoughts on “Giving Thanks”
Listen, I have not seen hide nor hair of you since your vid post. Miss having you around on Saturday mornings. Just wanted to say, in this week of saying what we’re thankful for: Thank You Rik, for all the attention you’ve brought to my show and for your great enthusiasm for the music. And for saying how much you love NYC. I loved it too – and I miss it a lot sometimes.
Hey, I rank above Second Life! Way above! I can’t believe it!
I’m thankful for you, too, sweetie. Nerddom and all.