My friend Tori Horton at the University of Southern California tells me that the USC Institute for Network Culture is looking for a "Virtual World Events Coordinator" from February – November. It’s great to see that major educational institutions are seeing the value of bringing aboard experts in virtual world organizing. The Events Coordinator must have the following qualifications:
- must possess event planning experience with expertise in virtual worlds
- must have a strong knowledge of virtual worlds including Second Life and a desire to coordinate activities in other spaces such as Whyville, Hipihi, etc.
- should have a strong track record on work with small to medium projects (events in virtual space); some experience with larger projects is preferred
- should have experience managing events from start to finish
- must be able to manage a team.
The event coordinator will manage large scale events in Second Life including hiring outside contractors, coordinating team members and tracking project deadlines. The pay for the ten-month contract is in the 40-50K range. If you are interested in this position, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by February 8. If I didn’t have such a kick-ass job, I’d be applying!