We just announced in-world the five finalists in the USC Network Culture Project’s "Second Life and Public Good Community Challenge". They are:
- Ability Commons: Proposers Gentle Heron and Carolina Yeats
- Mauerkrankheit: Proposers Ping Rau and Nonny Writer
- Native Lands Cultural Project: Proposer Boondoggle Gruppman
- Texas Obesity Research Center: Proposer Sirena Felisimo
- Interactive Accessible Home: Proposer Kathee Gibbs
Congrats to all the finalists, and all those that participated! It was enormously difficult picking the best among a lot of very worthy proposals. I hope that some of the other runners-up are able to find other support to move forward with their initiatives.
For the five finalists, it goes to the larger SL community to help pick the three winners, each of which will receive L$300,000 to develop their project. Click the links to read about each proposal, and then head to this survey to pick your favorites. The winners will be announced on July 1.
Head to the Network Culture Project website for more info.