Here's my notes on America's Best Dance Crew episode 507. This week was the disco challenge, which wasn't particularly challenging. Here's how they all did in my opinion :
- Blueprint Cru: Killed it! Great locking moves. Nice synchonicity and incorporation of various dance styles. These Canucks can bring it.
- Saltare: Flaming ropes. Oh my. Again, almost no dancing involved.
- Poreotix: Great dynamics. Breaking, locking, acrobatics. Perhaps the best performance from them that I've seen this season.
- Hype 5-0: They got saved this week? Seriously? That said, this is their most impressive performance that I've seen from them. Great lines, dynamics and energy.
- Heavy Impact: Nicely done. Great statement about how bigger dancers can get down.
- Static Noyze: Cool performance, but their weakest so far. You could see the strain as they were a man down this week, and the pressure was on.
- Jungle Boogie: Really fun routine, showing that they were embodying the aesthetic and the energy of the time. The lift was awkward but impressive.
My favorites this week: Blueprint, Poreotix and Hype 5-0. One of my favorite crews was sent home this week, which makes me sad. But they had a great showing, and hopefully a great career ahead of them.