Here's my list of the ten episodes of "season one" of the Legion of Extraordinary Dancers, grouped in order from best to worst. My own criteria include how bad ass the dancing is, whether the plot distracts or adds, the cinematography, and overall coolness of the concept. YMMV.
Rik's Best to Worst Episodes of Legion of Extraordinary Dancers, Season One
- Robot Lovestory: Amazing robotic style, beautiful visuals, cool concept
- Elliot's Shoes: Entertaining and funny, great dancing, cool concept
- Duet: Unique contemporary style, interesting filming technique, cool concept
- The Uprising Begins: Cool concept, dope b-boy battle, beautiful cinematography
- Tale of Trevor Drift: Cheesy story, mediocre acting, amazing b-boying
- Antigravity Heroes: Silly but fun concept, ridiculous kung fu tricks
- I Seen a Man: I was intrigued by the concept, but wasn't feeling the spoken word + tap + popping
- The Lettermakers: Krumping as a martial art? Interesting concept, but too brief to really grab me
- The Dark Doctor Deal: Puppetry concept was alright, but got boring fairly fast
- FanBoyz: Weak dancing, cheesy plot, poorly acted
That said, they are all worth watching, and certainly worth the price of admission! Even at the bottom of the list, "Lettermakers" and "Dark Doctor" have some sweet moments and feature amazing dancers.
Kudos to director John Chu for seeing this massive project through, for assembling the most amazing army of street dancers ever, and creating unforgettable images for the masses. I hope this isn't the last we see of the LXD dancers, individually and as an ensemble.