The details are coming together about my big move to California in eary 2011. First off, I have a final castoff date: Friday January 28, 2011. That's when Mole Negro and I fly with the last of my stuff from NYC to the Bay Area.*
- Yes, there will be at least one send-off party, probably the weekend of January 22. The plan at the moment is to have my friends Swifty and Santi DJ, do some dancing, and general celebrate with friends.
- I'm putting together my "NYC Bucket List" of things I want to do one last time before leaving. I just booked tickets for the top item on the list: Christina and I are going to opening night of Amateur Night at the Apollo on January 26!
- I'm no longer driving across the country, as I had blogged about earlier. Upon consultation with lots of friends and costing it out, it just seemed to prohibitive and possibly not-fun. Still, a road trip is not off the table, just later in 2011.
- I've got lots of furniture, kitchen stuff, and other sundries to give away and sell before moving. So if you have just moved to a new place or could use some housewares, be in touch!
Thanks to my many friends, work colleagues, and family who have been supporting me in this next big step.
* As a side note: flying with a pet is a big pain in the ass. You have to get a special note from the vet, some happy drugs to keep him chill during the flight, a special bag that fits under the seat, and a $100 pet ticket. That's probably the one part about this whole process that is stressing me out the most.