I'm excited to announce that this Thursday, January 13, Saturday, January 29 in Atlantic City, Bally's Casino in Atlantic City, in association with Yehoodi.com, will be hosting a swing dance contest and dance with $5,000 in prize money on the line! This event is completely unbelievable but true. Here's what you can expect:
- Six hours of free swing dancing and swing competitions from 6pm to midnight
- Two amazing swing orchestras, the Michael Arenella Dreamland Orchestra and the fantastic Boilermakers!
- Two different contests: a swing stamina contest to see who will be the last couple standing and a "skills" competition to see the flashiest footwork!
- The prizes for the two winning couples are $2,500 and a weekend at Bally's
- For dancers who are registering for the Dance-Off and plan to spend the night in Atlantic City, Bally’s is offering a special 1902’s discount rate on rooms for $19.20 for that night. See Yehoodi.com for details.
- Did I mention the entire event was all free?
From the official press release:
Caesars Entertainment Atlantic City will continue its ongoing commemoration of the city's rich history during the 1920s this winter at Bally’s when they kick off the very first Swing Era Dance-Off, featuring the music and dance styles of the 20s-40s, on January 29 from 6pm-12am. Co-sponsored by the leading international website for all things swing, Yehoodi.com, The Dance-Off, which will take place at the appropriately swing-inspired Grand Ballroom, will invite couples to participate in this six-hour competition to show off their signature dance moves and stamina to keep the swingin’ going. Couples can register for one of two events: a stamina event, spanning the better part of six hours of straight dancing, and a true-to-form, swing dance skills competition.
There are lots of free and cheap options for getting to Atlantic City from NYC and other places.
So if you can get yourself to Atlantic City this Thursday, Bally's will be the place to be. See Yehoodi.com for latest updates and news.