You may recall my previous post about Ben Morris and Jennifer Deluca's WCS / hip-hop routine , and my problems with it. This rhythm tap / hip-hop routine by Maya Sharpe & Jade Jordan from the 2013 Jump Session Show demonstrates how powerful it can be when two dance genres work together seamlessly.
What I like about this piece is that there are no abrupt breaks where they are signalling "NOW WE ARE DOING HIP-HOP." The whole thing feels organic and natural, with a simple narrative that doesn't get in the way.
- Piece : "J.M.P: The Bus Stop"
- Dancers : Maya Sharpe & Jade Jordan
- Choreographer : Jovon Miller
- Music : Fickermood by Forss
- Videography by Patrick and Natasha