I tried out this “struggle meal” from Tastemade and liked it a lot. Super easy, cheap, healthy, and delicious.
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1-14oz can full fat coconut milk
- 1 lime
- 3 garlic cloves grated
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 in fresh ginger, grated
- 4 whole sprigs of cilantro
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients for marinade and whisk until combined.
- Add chicken to bowl and cover and refrigerate minimum 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place chicken and marinade in a cast iron skillet. Roast in oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on stove top. Turn on heat and bring to a simmer, until sauce thickened, about 1 to 3 minutes. (NOTE: I did it much longer to get the sauce as thick as possible.)
- To plate: add chicken to plate, top with sauce.