The Federal Communications Commission issued
yesterday (July 24) their
decision on a new proposed rulemaking procedure on media ownership. A press release details some of the key issues to be considered, including:
- Local Television Ownership Limit
- Local Radio Ownership Limit
- Newspaper Broadcast Cross-ownership
- Radio Television Cross-ownership
- Dual Network Ban
- UHF discount on the National
Television Ownership Limit
September 22 is the due date for public comments, which can be submitted online or via the post. November 21 the reply due date. In addition, there will be six public hearings held around the United States.
So it looks like a busy fall for media reform activists.