Things to be thankful for:
- My Beautiful Girlfriend: So supportive of all my nerdy pursuits and so good at making me happy.
- My Health. I realized this summer that I needed to get over my aversion to gyms and force myself to go at least a couple of times a week. Surprisingly, I don’t hate it as much as I thought I would. It feels good to be more in tune with my own body.
- Dancing. At least 2-3 times a week. I’m rarely happier than dancing with friends to music that I love.
- Second Life. It’s been not a replacement but a wonderful addition to my "real" life. SL has helped me embrace my inner geek more while also exposing me to what I see as the next generation of ICT-empowered civil society.
- My Job: That I get paid to work on progressive media/telecom policy and media activism is such a blessing. I’ve learned so much in my nine months at the SSRC and the work has hardly begun.
- Living in the City: There’s nothing like living in Manhattan — from Wall Street to Central Park to Chinatown to Harlem — I love it all.
There’s so much more to give thanks for. But that’s what’s on my mind right now. Feeling very blessed.