I am so excited to share the news that my friends and colleagues at Global Kids, Inc in New York City are the recipients of the $200,000 Chase Community Giving Award for their work with at-risk teenagers. As someone who has worked there for three years, I can speak to the life-changing work that Global Kids does for marginalized youth, giving them opportunities to serve their communities, travel the world, and lend their voices to important public policy issues.
I worked in the Online Leadership Program at Global Kids. And in some circles GK is recognized for our work connecting urban teens with technology. But whatever the technology — whether it is theater, drumming, spoken word, video games, or machinima — Global Kids' focus is on giving youth voice to be a part of the public dialogue on issues that effect them.
Congrats to everyone involved in this campaign, including all of the Global Kids youth, supporters, allies, alumni and partners around the world.
- Architecture for Humanity of San Francisco, CA
- Baltimore Child Abuse Center of Baltimore, MD
- Cass Community Social Services of Detroit, MI
- Crisis Ministries of Charleston, SC
- Institute for Latino Progress of Chicago, IL
- Mt. Hood Kiwanis Camp of Portland, OR
- Resurrection Project of Chicago, IL
Read the full press release from Chase at this link.
You can learn more about Global Kids and find out how you can support their work on their website.