One thing I forgot to report on from my trip to an Indian casino a couple of weekends ago. I did the impossible: I stuck to my low carb diet at a casino buffet.
It actually was pretty easy. I just loaded up on the things that I like and that are good for me:
- lots of fresh veggies — broccoli, spinach, beets, cauliflower, etc.
- cottage cheese, a hard boiled egg, bacon bits
- Mongolian BBQ with lots of veggies and pork, with garlic hot sauce
- roasted chicken
- shell-on shrimp and cocktail sauce
- some fresh fruit for dessert
Fortunately, all the carb and sugar options were pretty unappealing. Pizza and pasta that had been sitting under the heat lamps too long. Sad looking rolls and bread slices. Dry cakes and generic soft serve ice cream.
I had my fill and didn’t feel gross afterwards! #winning