That epic French brunch spot Zazie posted on their Facebook the other day their recipe for pancakes. Sorta. They listed the ingredients, but not how to make them.
I looked at some of their other recipes and extrapolated the technique. And they turned out pretty great!
NOTE: I normally halve this recipe, to make 8-10 small pancakes.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 cups buttermilk
2 large eggs
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat pan to medium-low.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl
- Combine wet ingredients, except butter, in a separate bowl
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir just until combined
- Let batter rest for 10 minutes. Then add butter
- Scoop 1/3 cups of batter onto hot, greased pan. Flip pancakes when bubbles form around edges.