This super easy, no fuss recipe is really delicious.
- 3 lbs of chicken (I prefer drumstick + thighs)
- 1 sweet potato, halved and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoon harissa
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 leeks, sliced thinly
- 1/4 yogurt (I prefer Greek)
- 1 clove garlic
- mixed salad greens
- Combine chicken and sweet potato in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, whisk together harissa, cumin and 3 tablespoons oil. Pour over chicken and potatoes and toss to combine. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes, or up to 8 hours in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine leeks, a pinch of salt and 1T oil.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Arrange chicken and potatoes on a large rimmed baking sheet in a single layer. Roast 10 minutes. Toss potatoes lightly. Scatter leeks over pan. Roast until chicken and potatoes are cooked through and everything is golden and slightly crisped, 15-20 minutes longer.
- While chicken cooks, place yogurt in a small bowl. Grate garlic over yogurt and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, put salad greens on a plate, then chicken and sweet potatoes, then spoon yogurt sauce on top.